Comment on page
Security as a company value
GitBook Inc.’s security & compliance principles guide how we deliver our products and services, enabling our users to simply and securely access, edit, and share their documentation and knowledge with their teams or the entire world with peace of mind.
GitBook Inc. takes the security of its data and that of its users and customers seriously and ensures that only vetted personnel are given access to their resources.
- All GitBook Inc. contractors and employees undergo background checks prior to being engaged or employed by us in accordance with local laws and industry best practices.
- Confidentiality or other types of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) are signed by all employees, contractors, and others who have a need to access sensitive or internal information.
- We embed the culture of security into our business by conducting employee security training & testing using current and emerging techniques and attack vectors.
- All development projects at GitBook Inc., including software products, support services, and our own Digital Identity Cloud offerings follow secure development lifecycle principles.
- All development of new products, tools, and services, and major changes to existing ones, undergo a design review to ensure security requirements are incorporated into the proposed development.
- All team members who are regularly involved in any system development undergo annual secure development training in coding or scripting languages that they work with as well as any other relevant training.
GitBook Inc. deploys third-party penetration testing and vulnerability scanning of all production and Internet-facing systems on a regular basis.
- We perform penetration testing by external penetration testing companies on new systems and products or major changes to existing systems, services, and products to ensure a comprehensive and real-world view of our products & environment from multiple perspectives.
- We perform static and dynamic software application security testing of all code, including open-source libraries, as part of our software development process.
GitBook Inc. provides maximum security with complete customer isolation in a modern, multi-tenant cloud architecture.
GitBook Inc. leverages the native physical and network security features of the cloud service and relies on the providers to maintain the infrastructure, services, and physical access policies and procedures.
- All user and customer data are isolated.
- All data is encrypted at rest and in transmission to prevent any unauthorized access and prevent data breaches. Our entire platform is also continuously monitored by dedicated, highly trained GitBook Inc. Engineers.
- Client’s data protection complies with SOC 2 standards to encrypt data in transit and at rest, ensuring customer and company data and sensitive information is protected at all times.
- We implement role-based access controls and the principles of least privileged access and review revoke access as needed.
GitBook Inc. is committed to providing secure products and services. Our external certifications provide independent assurance of GitBook Inc.’s dedication to protecting our users and customers by regularly assessing and validating the protections and effective security practices GitBook Inc. has in place.
GitBook Inc. successfully completed the AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II audit. The audit confirms that GitBook Inc.’s information security practices, policies, procedures, and operations meet the SOC 2 standards for security.
GitBook Inc. was audited by Prescient Assurance, a leader in security and compliance certifications for B2B, and SAAS companies worldwide. Prescient Assurance is a registered public accounting in the US and Canada and provides risk management and assurance services which include but are not limited to SOC 2, PCI, ISO, NIST, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, CSA STAR, etc. For more information about Prescient Assurance, you may reach out to them at [email protected]
An unqualified opinion on a SOC 2 Type II audit report demonstrates to GitBook Inc.’s current and future customers that they manage their data with the highest standard of security and compliance.
Last modified 1mo ago